To shoe or not to shoe – that is the question!
Barefoot care can be a wonderful solution for many horses with benefits including reduced concussion, increased circulation to the foot, and more. But the decision to go barefoot must be carefully considered.
No prior experience of online learning is needed to take this course, where Ann Ramsey BS, CERA, APF–I – founder of Equine-Rehab.com looks at what has become a hot topic of controversy.
Beautifully-shot videos are supplemented with downloadable graphic materials that you can print out and hang in your barn. You will also have the opportunity to practice what you learn and even test your knowledge through a quiz.
If you are wondering whether going barefoot is an option for your horse – this course will help you decide.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Explain why all horses need a hoof care plan
- Discuss the key factors to consider when going barefoot
- Recognize correct and incorrect landing and loading of your horse’s foot
- Develop a plan for taking your horse barefoot
- Monitor your horse’s transition to barefoot
If you score over 70% in the quiz at the end, you can download a free certificate and an electronic badge to share on your LinkedIn and social media profiles to show you have passed this course.