10% discount on this, and all our courses, for everyone signed up to the Equitopia membership program
Join this truly inspiring course where Dr Gerd Heuschmann – world renowned veterinarian, author and master rider examines the basics of classical riding. No previous experience in online learning needed to take this course consisting of beautifully shot videos, easy-to-complete quizzes, thought-provoking discussions, and practical exercises that you can do yourself.
Prepare to embark on an amazing journey with Dr Heuschmann where you will explore and understand the basics of classical riding and the components of true self carriage.
The course is a must for equine professionals who want to learn how correct training can impact, either negatively or positively, the overall health and welfare of the horse.
If you are a trainer who feels that they have done all of the right things – foot balance, saddle fit, rider posture etc., BUT still feel some resistance or question whether the horse is truly lifted in the back and light and elastic in the contact – this course is for you.
If you are a horse owner, this course will give you the key to evaluating if you are on the right track to achieving balance in the basic gaits.
This course has been developed with Dr Heuschmann based on a lifetime of study and experience – working with thousands of horses, trainers, horse owners and equine professionals all round the world.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss the philosophies behind the evolution of classical riding
- Discuss the basic goals of the classically-trained horse and rider
- Compare modern dressage and classical dressage
- Recognize the characteristics of a healthy and happy horse
- Recognize a horse that has been properly trained in the classical tradition
- Differentiate between a supple horse and a stiff horse
- Identify behaviors of a horse moving with/without rhythm
- Compare the use of soft and heavy hands in establishing contact
- Discuss the importance of achieving a balanced horse