Homepage Forums Equitopia Forum Sue Dyson

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Caroline Easton
      Keymaster
      Please post here any questions you have on the course
      ‘How to Recognize the 24 Behaviors indicating Pain in the Ridden Horse’.
      YOU ARE INVITED TO A LIVE WEBINAR ON FRIDAY 24TH JANUARY. DR SUE DYSON WILL PRESENT THE WEBINAR: ‘RIDDEN EXERCISES AND LAMENESS RECOGNITION: THE INFLUENCE OF THE HORSE, SADDLE, AND RIDER’. THE RECORDED VERSION OF THIS WEBINAR WILL BE AVAILABLE TO PARTICIPANTS IN THIS COURSE FROM END JANUARY. PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR THROUGH THIS LINK:

Here’s how it works:

• Through this forum, you are invited to ask about a topic that is of particular concern to you
      • Sue Dyson will  review your questions
      • We will prepare and schedule a webinar to address common themes – addressing specific questions asked in this forum
      • You will be notified about the time and date of the webinar, which will also be announced on our FB page, and through our newsletters
       • Participants will have the opportunity to also post messages ‘live’ during the webinar
      • Recordings of the webinar will be added as ‘additional resources’ to the course, and will be available indefinitely.

*This is not a discussion forum – so no answers will be given to questions posted – but we guarantee that each question will be reviewed and considered for the webinar.

nicolettgeldermann
      Participant

Dear Sue, what can cause a horse to canter with abnormally wide spatial separation of the hindlimbs ? Thank you. Nicolett Geldermann Equine Physiotherapist DIPO , FEI PET

Julie Farris
      Participant

I would like help finding a vet the specializing in lameness in my area. Charlotte, NC area, I am south of Charlotte in Fort Mill, SC 29715 USA. I have only found general vets that do not look at riding and use nerve blocks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marlies van Breugel
      Participant

Dear Sue, In part 5b you tell that the behavior scores were not impacted by saddle fit. That felt like a surprise to me, cause an ill fitting saddle can cause much pain. I’ve seen horses score high on the ethogram with an ill fitting saddle, and improve much after the cause of their pain was removed. Can you explain this? Many thanks and I will continue your very interesting course, Marlies

Tamsin Tarr
      Participant

Hi,

On section 2 of the course, we are asked to observe sound horses so that we can identify the indicators of an animal not in pain. I am struggling to find sound horses to look at. Is there a place where we can view a number of videos of sound horses in all the gates?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.