Justine is a Certified Horse Behavior Consultant with the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. She is also the organisation’s UK Chair, a member of the Application Review Committee, and a Mentor for both their Online Mentorship programme in Horse Behavior Consulting and the ‘Principles & Practice’ course. Justine is also an Accredited Animal Behaviorist with the Animal Behavior & Training Council.
Justine started riding at 3 and by the age of 7 was competing in her first National Final. She has since competed successfully in a number of disciplines including showjumping and dressage. She has many years of experience riding and competing horses professionally and helping horse owners with riding advice, training issues and ‘difficult’ horses.
Justine uses the science of behavior and learning to help vets, horse owners and trainers throughout the UK solve a wide range of behavior problems including stereotypes, aggression and phobias.
Justine is a lecturer for the BSc (Hons) Equine Behavioral Science Degree at Writtle University College and also acts as an expert consultant in legal disputes and court cases involving equine behavior. She regularly contributes to a wide variety of international publications including Horse & Rider (US), Horse & Hound (UK) and Bit (Netherlands) – either writing articles, commenting or answering specific questions about horse behavior and training.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Certified Horse Behaviour Consultant (CHBC) with the IAABC
- Registered Accredited Animal Behaviourist with the Animal Behaviour & Training Council
- UK Chair for the IAABC
- IAABC Application Review Committee member
- Mentor for the IAABC ‘Principles & Practice’ course
- Mentor for the IAABC in Horse Behaviour Consulting
- Practitioner member of the International Society of Equitation Science (ISES)