Welcome to this video course! In the course, world-renowned Trainer, Author and Veterinarian - Gerd Heuschmann introduces equine biomechanics of the head and neck position in relation to achieving a good working balance.
You are welcome to watch a short introduction to the course in this short video.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss how different head and neck positions can influence your horse.
- Describe the characteristics of self carriage.
- Explain the difference between bending from the neck and trunk bends.
- Discuss the physiological, mental and behavioral consequences of riding in tension.
- Discuss the discomfort of a horse ridden in tension.
- Identify a downward stretch.
- Explain correct head and neck positions when starting a young horse and re-training an older horse.
If you score over 70% in the quiz at the end, you can download a free certificate and an electronic badge to share on your LinkedIn and social media profiles to show you have passed this course.